The average furnace can last 25 years or more if properly maintained. Aging furnaces and heating systems may break down more frequently or operate inefficiently, which might result in expensive repairs and higher utility bills. To find the right furnace for your home, consider the heating capacity, fuel source, and cost of each potential replacement option before replacing your furnace.
Things You Need To Know About Replacing A Furnace
- Don’t Trust Internet Pricing:
Keep in mind that costs vary depending on the level of efficiency you select, the fuel you use, the market you live in, and the regional cost of living. If you don’t have a reliable HVAC professional, get several furnace replacements quotes to compare.
- Indications of Your Furnace Being Out of Date:
- Age is frequently the reason to purchase a new furnace. Hence, look for indicators that tell you if it’s time to replace your furnace.
- The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy recommends any furnace with a coal burner be replaced, even if the burner has previously been modified to burn oil or gas.
- The council also recommends replacing your furnace if it has a pilot light rather than an electric ignition or if it lacks vent dampers.
- The United States Department of Energy recommends replacing your furnace if it requires frequent repairs or if your energy expenses appear to be increasing for no obvious reason.
- A home that no longer feels warm and cozy or a noisy heating system can signal that it’s time for a new furnace.
- Don’t Overlook Rebates:
An HVAC professional will be aware of any rebates or other incentives offered by your energy provider or the manufacturer of your current or new furnace. You can get a part of your furnace repaired or replaced for free due to rebates.
- Fuel Sources:
Before replacing your current gas furnace with another gas-burning one, consider the numerous heating fuel sources available. Gas, oil, and other fossil fuel prices fluctuate, so the most economical fuel available when you buy your furnace may no longer be the most cost-effective alternative. Compare the pricing and availability of various fuels, and take the time to research previously unavailable fuels, such as wood pellets.
Choose a fuel that is easy to obtain, environmentally friendly, and reasonably priced, and then get a furnace designed to burn this fuel. Consulting a gas furnace installation in Battle Ground, WA will assist you in finding an appropriate furnace fuel.
- Calculate Efficiencies
A new furnace can be prohibitively expensive, but keep in mind how the new furnace may lower monthly energy bills. Monthly operating costs can also assist you in deciding which furnace is best for your home.
Hassle-Free HVAC Services to Improve System Functionality
If you’re already paying to repair your old furnace on an annual basis, a furnace replacement can put an end to those expenses right away. Advantage Heating and Cooling provide a wide range of HVAC repair services, including gas furnace installation in Battle Ground, WA, boiler replacement, and heat pump installation. Our licensed HVAC technicians have the expertise to repair broken air conditioners and heat pumps.
Call us at (360) 693-5220 or drop an email for more information on HVAC replacement and furnace repair in Battle Ground, WA.