Keeping your AC unit in good condition ensures it runs efficiently and effectively. One of the essential maintenance tasks is to clean your AC condenser coils. Over time, the coils can accumulate dirt, debris, and other particles, reducing the unit’s performance and increasing energy bills.
Advantage Heating & Cooling is a professional HVAC company that can provide expert advice and service to keep your AC unit in the best condition. Our specialists are highly trained and experienced to provide top-notch service, including cleaning your condenser coils. We will inspect all components of your air conditioner. Contact us today for an AC tune-up in Battle Ground, WA, and the surrounding areas.
This blog will discuss how to clean your AC condenser coils to keep your air conditioning unit in top working condition.
How To Clean Your AC Condenser Coils?
Cleaning your AC condenser coils is a simple process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Turn Off The Power: Before cleaning your AC condenser coils, switch off the power to the unit. This will prevent any electrical shock or damage to the unit.
- Remove Debris: Use a soft brush or a vacuum cleaner to remove any dirt, debris, or leaves from the unit’s exterior.
- Remove The Fan: Remove the screws that hold the fan in place and remove the fan carefully.
- Clean The Coils: Use a coil cleaner or mild detergent and water to clean the coils. Spray the coils with the cleaner, let them sit for a few minutes, and then rinse them off with water. Do not use a high-pressure water jet, which can damage the coils.
- Clean The Fan Blades: Use a soft brush or a cloth to clean the fan blades.
- Reassemble The Unit: Reassemble the fan and the screws carefully, ensuring everything is secure.
- Turn On The Power: Once you’ve reassembled the unit, turn it on and test the unit to ensure it works correctly.
Feel free to get in touch with Advantage Heating & Cooling for a professional air conditioning service. Our technicians can effectively inspect and clean your AC condenser coils, ensuring your unit’s peak performance.
When To Clean Your AC Condenser Coils?
It’s recommended to clean your AC condenser coils at least twice a year if you reside in a region with a lot of pollution or dust. If your air conditioning unit is not performing efficiently, it indicates that your coils need cleaning. However, it’s best to consult a professional like Advantage Heating & Cooling for proper advice and service.
Contact Advantage Heating & Cooling for Professional AC Maintenance
Cleaning your AC condenser coils is an essential maintenance task that can keep your air conditioning unit in top working condition. If you search for air conditioning service near me, you’ll find Advantage Heating & Cooling and get the best service. Our expert technicians can help you with all your AC maintenance needs. We provide a range of services, including AC repair, installation, and service, and we’re committed to providing high-quality services at competitive prices.