Air conditioners, like all appliances, will leave you drenched in sweat in the middle of summer if they are not properly maintained. Fortunately, the air conditioning service in Woodland, WA, is relatively simple. A dirty air conditioner can cause problems in the long run. It may harm your unit by making it work harder, and it may also make you sick. Dust and dirt from your home will accumulate inside your cooling unit over time.
How Long Should One Clean The AC Filters?
As a general rule, clean the air conditioner filters in your indoor unit every two weeks. Filters should be cleaned regularly in dusty or polluted environments to postpone air conditioning repair in Woodland, WA.
Cleaning your air conditioner’s filters is an essential maintenance task you can perform. Blocked filters can significantly reduce a system’s efficiency. Replacing a dirty AC filter with a clean one can reduce the energy consumption of your air conditioner by 5 to 15%.
Cleaning Tips For Your Air Conditioner
Here are some tips for cleaning your AC unit:
- This procedure will take some time. Set aside about a half-day to complete the task correctly.
- Certain aspects of the cleaning will necessitate precise movements and dexterity.
- Cleaning may require the use of specialized tools.
- While you can perform air conditioning service in Woodland, WA, on your own, the patience and fine motor skills needed may make this a job best suited to a professional.
- If your AC is particularly dirty or shows significant wear and tear, it is best to seek the assistance of a professional.
How Do You Clean The Inside Of Your Air Conditioner?
- Turn off the air conditioner’s power.
- Open up the AC unit.
- Clean the evaporator coils.
- Remove and clean the AC drain pan.
- Clean the AC clogged drain.
- Close the air conditioning access panel.
How Do You Clean Your Outdoor Air Conditioner?
- Disconnect and remove the AC grille.
- Remove any debris from the air conditioner.
- Clean the coils and fins of the air conditioner.
- Straighten the fins of the air conditioner.
- Clean the area around the air conditioner.
- Adjust the level of the air conditioner.
How To Clean A Dirty Air Conditioning Filter?
Clean the AC filter: Use a brush-free attachment to avoid damaging the filter while cleaning. If you have pets, clean the filter more carefully to remove as much hair as possible.
Soak the air conditioner filter: One side of the filter at a time, hose it off until it’s clean. Brushes and abrasive tools should not be used on the filter as they may cause damage.
Spray the AC filter: Fill a spray bottle halfway with a one-to-one vinegar and water solution. Allow 10 minutes for the solution to kill bacteria on both sides of the filter.
The AC filter should be dried: Air conditioner filters must be allowed to dry naturally, taking several hours. Place newspapers on the ground beneath the filter to help the process.
We have a team of specialists at Advantage Heating & Cooling who are experts at removing dirt and organisms such as bacteria, fungi, mold, and mildew from air conditioners. If you have any queries about air conditioning repair in Woodland, WA, contact us at 360-693-5220 or drop us a mail.