Condenser coils are important because they condition hot, damp air and replace it with cold, dry air. During this process, the continuous movement of air allows airborne pollutants such as dirt, dust, grass, lint, moisture, and other material to collect on the coils and accumulate until they get blocked. A blocked or dirty AC condenser coil is undoubtedly a source of concern.
The biggest issue with dirty coils is that they reduce the efficiency with which the air conditioner cools. A blocked coil can reduce airflow through the coils, making your air conditioner less effective.
Here is Why You Need to Keep The Condenser Coils Clean
Ensures Optimum Performance
- Your condenser coil is one of two coils in your air conditioner. The evaporator coil is placed indoors, while the condenser coil is located outside (in a split system).
- The gas refrigerant enters the condenser coil after being compressed and heated in the compressor.
- The gas refrigerant transfers heat to the air blowing across it. At the same time, the refrigerant cools and changes into a liquid. The air in the vicinity of the coil begins to heat up and releases outside the unit.
- If your air conditioner condenser coil fails to function properly, the entire system will suffer. The presence of residue might reduce the effectiveness of your air conditioner. Examine your outside unit regularly. Ensure the outside unit is clean and that the surrounding regions are clear if you’re unsure how to service your equipment correctly. Call experts for air conditioning repair in Woodland, WA.
Comfort Environment Inside The House
- The majority of homeowners don’t clean their outside units regularly. However, keep in mind that the condenser coils are a component of the outside unit.
- The performance of your air conditioner suffers if the condenser coil is not cleaned. It can’t be released efficiently when heat is trapped since it’s covered in dirt and debris.
- As a result, cooling will be inefficient, and energy consumption will be raised. Cleaning your air conditioner regularly is essential. Cleaning the air conditioner’s condenser coil should be included. The more effective your air conditioning system is, the more comfortable your indoor atmosphere will be.
Your Air Conditioner Will be More Efficient
- Dirt, leaves, dust, and bugs cling to condenser coils. Remember, the best method to extend the life of your air conditioner is to do regular maintenance.
- Failure to clean your air conditioner coils increases your energy costs.
When Should You Clean Your AC Coils?
As logic would imply, AC coils should be cleaned as they become unclean. However, the rate at which they become dirty is determined by how frequently you use your air conditioner, how frequently you change your filter, if you have a filter, the quantity of dust or particles in the air both inside and outside your house, and the number of people that dwell in the space.
As a general guideline, you should have an HVAC expert of AC repair in Battle Ground, WA, do the maintenance check on your system once a year before summer when your air conditioner will be most often utilized. Please get in touch with us at (360) 693-5220 or drop us an email if you require any other information.